site info
Skeletal Wings - a resource site with graphics and tutorials, enjoy your stay ~

Home About Disclaimer Resources Affiliates Follow
tagboard
archive
questions
etcetera
Layout by mymostloved with image
currently viewing
As most blogskinners would know, Internet Explorer also know as IE, is the least compatible browser due to its lack of... I don't know what they're called, uh design features. You know how you can do all that fancy stuff with Firefox and Chrome like fixed elements, round borders and transition and all ? Yeah... if you don't speak my language nevermind. :) Maybe there are codes for those out there but they're not as commonly used.

Anyway sorry for the long intro. I use Google Chrome and because I have like OCD, I like to check how my layouts look on other browsers. I have noticed that elements that are position: fixed are not fixed and that kinda messes up the whole layout. However I have found a way to make the fixed elements stay fixed on ie. Okay maybe some people normally code their layouts with this already but still I feel like sharing.

For those who use or like to check out their layouts in IE replace the first {html} tag with the following code :


And that's it, your fixed element should now be fixed properly.

Labels: ,

All rights reserved skeletalwings.blogspot.com by Denise Kim
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶